hazel_kindley

Help with 70s exterior - windows/porch?

Hazel Kindley
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

This is our ugly duckling 70s home which I would love to bring up to date. Yes that is stone cladding under the windows and it is also cheap uPVC fascias on the upper floor.

We are looking at getting new windows as a couple of the old ones have totally blown so I would like some suggestions of window design and whether there is anything else we could do at the same time to improve the look of the exterior.

We are also looking at having a porch built as we have a severe lack of coat and shoe space inside. Again, don't know how to tie it in to everything else.

Would be interested in exploring different colours of fascias and frames. I particularly like crittal style black frames, but not sure whether they would work with this exterior at all.

Style wise I like clean lines in a modern but classic, with a bit of the industrial look mixed in.

What would you do?

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.