alisonss

Basement bedroom decor help urgently needed please!

alisonss
7 years ago

We're moving out of our light, first floor bedroom with two big windows into our basement bedroom soon to accommodate family and I would appreciate some advice on colours/design ideas as the room is quite dark. We've got one window which is fairly high up that has a white venetian blind and I would like a floor length, thick curtain to go over it to keep in the warmth for winter.

The room faces north east!! I'm thinking possibly a paprika/grey scheme or a navy/teal plus mustard or ochre scheme? I don't mind keeping some of the walls white. We're definitely painting the black beams white and can easily paint the chest of drawers.

We can't
attach anything to the walls as we have a tanking system installed which
can't be punctured with nails! I've posted photos of the basement room
and of our bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers which need to stay. Thanks
so much everyone and excited to get some ideas! The room is approx 12 ft x 11ft.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.