email5394

Kitchen flooring dilemma

kai
7 years ago
We are about to buy a house which is carpeted though out. We are knocking through the kitchen and dining room to create a big kitchen diner across the back of the house.

We are thinking we may go with wood floors in the kitchen diner. We want a rustic feel.

In the rest of the house we will remove carpets and sand the floors. I'm not sure is how this will work when knocking through in the kitchen. What would we do where the old walls were? There would be no floorboards I presume.

So the other option is to get new wood flooring for the kitchen diner, although we would like a slightly beaten, rustic look rather than shiny new.

Maybe get reclaimed flooring for the kitchen? Would it be weird to have different wood in kitchen to rest of house?

Any thoughts/ideas welcome...

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.