marieearl77

Room rearranging/repositioning staircase/floorplans included

Ellie
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Below is a link to my house floorplan.

We want a kitchen/diner with doors onto back garden (basically doors will be along back of kitchen where hob is in the pic)

Makes sense we knock through wall between dining room and kitchen and open up into the 'storage' cupboard too. Would this give us enough room?

Only thing is....... the staircase to get up to the bedrooms. The stairs are in the dining room...... the bottom of stair starts at the bottom right corner of the dining room, top of stairs being directly above door into dining room.

Ideally I would want my stairs blocked off and not lead directly into my kitchen/diner but don't think there are many options..... my hallway above the stairs is pretty much just 1 square metre of floor with 3 doorways off - the smallest hall you can probably get!

I would be up for reconfiguring downstairs and would do so to reposition stairs. I cant see how it can be done without losing that small bedroom 5.

The 2 downstairs bedrooms are currently not used, just spare rooms.

The floorplans may be a bit misleading - when you arrive at top of the stairs you have the Bed 1 (master bed)on your left hand side.

We have an architect coming to visit next week, hope start the ball rolling but just thought I would put on here for any suggestions.

Many thanks!

http://media.rightmove.co.uk/60k/59084/27985005/59084_212433_FLP_00_0000_max_600x600.jpg

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.