claire_smale

Help needed for open plan kitchen lounge diner floor

claire_smale
7 years ago

We are having our kitchen ripped out on Monday. All been a bit last minute.com and husband has had designs drawn up and cupboards all delivered within last week! We are now in process of choosing work tops and floors however we need to work quickly and I am struggling to work out what to do floor wise.

We have large open plan space with kitchen lounge diner. To date we have had separate floors in kitchen (tiles) and oak wood in lounge diner but the new kitchen design is on a different layout and not symmetrical both sides so we think we should look at one floor throughout.

Kitchen will be white gloss and we've narrowed work tops down to one of three granite or quartz options - pictured - a mirror white, grey or a blue grey. The dining area has oak furniture (pictured) and the lounge is black leather couch with oak coffee table with white walls throughout.

We are looking at going for Karndean or Amtico type flooring as we've had numerous problems with expansion on our existing wood floor but are stuck on colour. I don't think an oak or traditional wood colour will go with kitchen but not sure that the grey options we have brought home today will go with our existing lounge diner furniture.

Any suggestions gratefully received as to types of colours to consider as struggling with what will work throughout. Thanks in advance.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.