clairef09

Living room furniture lay-out advice

clairef09
7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am currently redecorating my living room and am at a lost with which sofa(s)/chair(s) to buy as the lay out of the room is rather awkward. There is a inward facing door from the hallway on one wall, then we have inward opening french doors from the kitchen/diner on another wall, then on the right wall we have a large full-length window with an inward opening patio door. On the final wall there is a feature chimney breast.

The style we have gone for is contemporary; soft neutral pallette with black and grey accents and textures. We have made the chimney breast in to a feature wall with built in tv/fireplace and media. I plan to have floating cabinets, symmetrically, on either side of the chimney breast.

I am hoping to get a real leather sofa(s) to go with the scheme, in either black or a soft neutral, but I am really struggling on how best to lay out the room without the seating arrangements affecting one of the doors?

My first idea was to get a right-handed 3 seater with chaise - which I thought would go nice with the full length window - but then I am not sure whether there is space for a single chair to go next to the french doors as it would then block the walkway. If i went for a left-handed, i fear then a chair would block the patio door! It is quite a large room, so this issue took me unexpectedly!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.