janelittler

Size of tiles for large kitchen/ diner

janelittler
7 years ago
We are doing a new build, an upside down house with a large kitchen diner with sitting area. The room measures 8 metres by 7.4 metres. There are kitchen units on back wall, the run is 4.6 metres but no cupboards and a large island 4 metres by 1.2 metres. There is also a table and chairs and a settee in the room. Going for porcelain tiles that replicate limestone,light grey with fossil pattern but what size tiles should we be going for and how should they be laid? The tile sizes are 1200x600, 900x600, 600x600 and 600x450 and 900x 450. Too much choice! We think we should go for the largest tiles and lay them in a brickwork pattern. Is this the best way? If we get it wrong, it's a big mistake so advice really appreciated! Thanks. Jane

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.