sam_pitkeathly

Need help designing our dream kitchen please!

Sam Pitkeathly
7 years ago

We have recently moved and want to completely rip out the existing kitchen. We have a number of areas we want to improve in the house so want to accomplish this within a reasonable budget but with a high end luxury finish. We don't want to make any structural changes in terms of an extension, just want to revamp in the space we have. However, all the units, worktops, appliances and tiles etc are being stripped out so starting with a blank canvas. I've attached photos of the kitchen in its current state and also a suggested plan / layout we got with all the measurements.

Would be grateful for any advice on layout & design as we are struggling to decide what we want. I love the idea of nice long worktop but can't decide whether to have the hob on this side as might be cramped having the oven and hob on the other side. We do have a wishlist:

*Head height oven and oven/microwave

*Induction hob

*Integrated - dishwasher, under counter freezer, maximum height fridge

We have relocated the washing machine into the garage so no need to accommodate this. We have decided on engineered oak wood flooring that is going throughout the ground floor.

We would also like to have the kitchen window be able to open up completely as would like to have a bar and bar stools the other side on the decking but really struggling to find windows that do this. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as we are totally stuck at the beginning!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.