marieearl77

Would you have stairs from kitchen/diner leading up to bedrooms?

Ellie
7 years ago

We have a dining room with a kitchen next door. Looking to knock through.

However we have stairs from the dining room up to bedrooms upstairs.

We have discussed repositioning the stairs to another part of the house but this would result in losing a bedroom upstairs (and losing lots of cash!)

Would you have stairs from an open plan kitchen/diner going up to your bedrooms?

We have lived here over a year and its not bothered us the stairs coming from our dining room...... but thinking if we were doing a knock-through and having builders in then it might be a good idea to get the stairs to come off the hallway.

We have had a couple architects round already and one said move stairs into hallway and lose a bedroom was all that could be done, Other was sooo confused and really couldnt come up with anything other than that.

Now really wondering if it is worth losing a bedroom to get the stairs coming from the hallway, and worth the expense! It would be the 5th bedroom we lose.

Could we make these stairs modern and blend well in a kithen/diner?

Just can't decide! We would have a joiner enclose the understairs and make understairs storage and move the door along the wall another metre or so.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.