kyle_barrett62

Need a coffee table, and other problems...

Kyle Barrett
7 years ago

Firstly some scene setting:

So this 'thing' in the middle of the room, I REALLY love it, but we need a more functional coffee table. My partner has agreed it can stay as a side table... Under duress. I can't afford one of those tiny Eames side tables, and I love the industrial wrought iron on this and the trapezoid shape.

So I've got two pieces of 60s rosewood furniture, one is the bookcase behind the lounge chair. It's a really deep dark rosewood to match the chair, I love the wood's grain and the colour. I want that to stay. And...

...the other piece is this 8ft sideboard, which I really love, but can't decide if I like the kick board on. Because I can remove that. Maybe that'd be better.

This armchair, the sideboard behind it, and the empty bookshelf in the picture above (to the right of the Eames chair) are going. Have no intention of keeping any of those items so don't factor those in.

Firstly, am I crazy for liking this thing? And can I do anything to make it more appealing if it's not likeable? (I have some rosewood panels that I could cover the wood in, but don't know if that'd look trite or too matchy).

Secondly, what coffee table could I get to suit this space? My partner wants a big chunky coffee table, which I am terrified of, as everything else is intentionally sleek to maximise light under items and our space.

Thanks for looking, I have spent TOO long looking at my room I have lost perspective.

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.