d10sen

WIDE WINDOW CURTAIN

d sen
7 years ago

Just fitted a new patio window 3.2m wide, with a 50% opening at l/h end, and now need to fit new curtains totally located at the r/h end, where there is some space beyond to site the curtain in a closed position, to draw across the whole length. In the open position this will give the beneficial effect of the whole window.
If using a regular tube rail with ringlet curtains, it will not span without a central support (obviously only allowing curtains from each end). Our existing Kirsch rail could be reused (not with the ringlet method), with the pull mechanism revised to pull right to left, but we would prefer a lighter curtain design with the ringlet hanging method.
Any ideas on how this could be overcome - have thought of heavy gauge tube which may span (or even solid rod), but am unsure, and if it sags, given the cost would be wasted - this would need to be 4m long,
Is there a 300 degree tube i.e slotted along its length, where a method of attaching the curtain would ride inside the slot?
Will welcome all designs.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.