chris_gray91

Hallway Interior Design Dilema!!

Chris Gray
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi All Please excuse the mess I really need some advice and guidance, my partner and I have just recently bought a 1960's detached house (moved in last week) and well the decor hasn’t changed since the 1960's and needs a LOT of work!! We are wanting to really give this house a new lease of life, we want to go contemporary/ultra-modern but with possibly a twist of shabby chic, quirky accessories. The first room which we want to tackle is the entrance hall, it’s a good size entrance and it with it being the first thing you see when you walk in we want the WOW factor and it to set the scene for the rest of the house! Plans so far, we are replacing all doors with oak unpainted doors, the banister rail, newel posts, etc. are going to be oak and then glass balustrade, due to the very high ceiling above the stairs we will be having a 2m hanging glass chandelier of some sort as a focal point and this is also visible from the large window outside the property. Any advice, direction or inspirational pictures would be very much appreciated as we are struggling, we are on a tight budget so we cannot go nuts but it helps that i am an advance DIY'er so all work I carried out by myself. Thanks Chris PS. the door next to the piano will be removed, filled and plastered, its defunct on the other side, it has already been boarded and plastered! The piano was left by the previous owners so can stay or go! From these pictures you will get a good idea of what the whole house is like, for example all the walls have lining paper that is painted!!

Comments (28)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.