deborah_sneddon

Need help with locating my washing machine & dryer

Deborah Sneddon
7 years ago

I built a new kitchen and took the washing machine & dryer out to create more space. (I turned a kitchen/utility into a kitchen/diner.)

I live in the UK where it is traditional to put these appliances in either the kitchen or utility room, and the local bathroom companies seem to think I am completely potty for wanting to locate them in a bathroom!

I no longer have a utility room as the new kitchen was extended into it. However, I am planning a new shower room, off the hall, next to the bedrooms, which will be 2600 x 2600 with a door at one end (not yet located) and a window at the other, which is 900 in from the left wall and 450 in from the right wall, and opposite the door wall. I think it might be a good idea to put the appliances in there, boxed in, but am confused as to the layout. Stacked or side by side? I would also like to incorporate plenty of storage space into the new shower room.

I could also put them into a hall cupboard but don't really want to lose the cupboard space and I think the shower room will be big enough, but don't want it to seem claustrophobic!

Any help would be gratefully received!

Regards,

Deborah.

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.