webuser_226673

Cooker hood advice

HU-226673
7 years ago
Hi, we are building an extension and currently choosing our appliances for the new kitchen. I'm looking for some advice on cooker hoods please.

We'd pretty much decided on a Neff chimney hood to match the cooker and hob, going for what I thought was a reasonably powerful one with around 730m3/h extraction rate. There is also another option at 860m3/h but is a lot more expensive so wasn't convinced it was worth the extra.

However, having done some reading online I have read that it is a good idea to go for an extraction rate of 10x the room volume. Ours will be quite a large open plan area around 55m2 floor space with a mixture of ceiling heights say 2.5 - 3m, so given that rule of thumb we'd be looking somewhere around 1400-1600m3 hence double the more powerful option.

Is this going to be an issue or will I be ok with what we are planning?

The hood will be directly over the induction hob, and there will be an electric Velux window over the kitchen area and a normal window nearby we can easily open in case of excess cooking fumes. The room is an L shape with the kitchen tucked away in one end of the L.

I can't see a lot on the market much more than 800ish extraction rate, and plenty of photos so similar extractors in large open plan areas. Thoughts please?

Thanks
Pete

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.