lisa_rodwell

What style sofas should I put in the lower floor of our "shoe factory"

Lisa Rodwell
7 years ago

We recently had an architect help us build out the lower floor in an old warehouse style building. It (as you can see) is minimal and still industrial feeling. The upper floor has a lot of wood and we've tried to keep the furniture to a minimum (see photo with dog).

We have some lovely big wool sofas on the ground floor. The ground floor has more of a Victorian feel with some nods to industrial past of the warehouse.

The lower floor needs to feel cohesive but I'm not sure we want it to echo the main floor. I'm looking for a style of sofa for this room. In the photo I imagine a sofa, chairs on some sort of rug in front of the "free standing" wall at the end of the room. This floor has all our guest rooms on it. The idea of this sitting space is for our guests to have a place to hang if they wake up early and don't want to come upstairs to the open space living.

Thoughts? Ideas?

This is the downstairs space that needs a "living area". We need a style of a sofa and a rug... really don't know where to start

this photo show you the pivotting doors in to the guest rooms

This is a photo of the upstairs

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.