hzdeleted_34127194

Should we bother with a separate dining room?

User
7 years ago
We will be renovating the living-dining room in the new year. The dining area is currently empty (well, it's got the Christmas tree in it at the moment) and we eat in the kitchen day-to-day. The plan is (was?) to have an additional 'formal' dining table in this area, but now I'm starting to wonder why we'd go to the expense of buying an extra table for a space we'd probably only use a few times a year. The table in the kitchen is big enough for entertaining as well as normal daily family use. In fact we're hosting Christmas this year (our first in our new house!) and will have the whole family around the kitchen table.

So, I'm just trying to weigh up the pros and cons of a separate dining room as it might well impact on how we renovate the space. I would greatly appreciate views from those of you with more than one space to eat. Do you use your separate dining room? If not, what have you done with the space?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.