anjeleeeee

Noir st Laurent marble

Anjelina W
7 years ago
Hi, I was thinking of putting this black marble on my stairs with a white marble riser. My floor will be a Porcelaine tile lasa marble imitation. Is this a good idea or should I go for a granit like the Agata granite or via lactea??? Or all white and no black marble??? I really need help. thank you!!!
Hampstead - Hallway Kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Natural Stone by Ideal Marble
    7 years ago

Hi Anjelina, Thanks for your question. We are wondering if you have any other "dark" features in your design or will the treads be the only "dark". Our advice would be to use the lighter coloured marble on the staircase unless the dark is critical to the design. Over time the darker marble will show tiny scratches etc more than the white marble. Granite would be an option for dark treads that would not scratch.

We hope this helps and we will be pleased to quote for any of the options you wish

Regards

Derek

• Anjelina W
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi. Thank you for your help. You can see attached the pictures of my actual staircase, the tile for the floor in gloss, the granite for the step stair and a view of the hall (doors will be changed for cherry wood door, all white molding, spots light installation and French wood sliding doors for the kitchen entrance, new pale wall color). The picture of the living room is what you see when you look on your right at the top of the stairs.

What do you recommend for the stair?? Wood or dark granit or white marble?? Or something else??

Thank you again!!!
  • Anjelina W
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Rest of the picture...
  • PRO
    Natural Stone by Ideal Marble
    7 years ago

Hi, thanks for the images. For me the staircase should be the same as the floor in White. I notice that the tiles you have are not as wide as the treads, so this would be better in one bespoke slab of marble. If you want to introduce a dark contrast you may consider a line of black marble mosaics or similar at the front of the treads for non-slip.

Hope this helps

Derek

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.