christianbuildersltd

Tired, shabby, (British) swimming pool...Transformed!

This house has the luxury of a swimming pool...some may say an outdoor swimming pool in England is a waste of space (and cost) as you can only use it for a few days in the year (if we're lucky!)

However, it was important that the clients could be able to use the pool all year round, and it is a huge feature of the garden, and when we took on the project, it looked like it had been forgotten about.

The pool is heated which was a great start. We landscaped the patio in limestone, and created a more practical area to have seating/barbecues/dining etc. We created new steps which lead up to the pool area, and designed a lighting scheme. A new wall was built, so the client could grow herbs for the kitchen, and with the planting of grasses, it obstructs the pool slightly when it is covered.

It makes the whole area look a lot brighter and appealing, and really mirrors the interior of the house!

And in the summer it looks like you could be in the South of France!

Before:

After:

Modern Rustic Enchantress Cottage · More Info

Modern Rustic Enchantress Cottage · More Info

Comments (4)

• Louise Rasmussen
    7 years ago

Gorgeous!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Louise Rasmussen
  • PRO
    Lina Grübler
    7 years ago

This is amazing - I love the refreshed overall look. Takes me right back to summer!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Lina Grübler
  • PRO
    Bluepools Limited
    7 years ago

Beautiful deck level pool - the new tiles on the pool surround make it look really good and definitely reminiscent of Southern France!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Bluepools Limited
  • PRO
    Landscape Design by James Brunton-Smith Limited
    7 years ago
    A really refreshing update that makes the pool relevant again in this climate
    Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Landscape Design by James Brunton-Smith Limited
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.