sam_desai67

POLL: Best Open Plan Kitchen Layout Idea

Sam Desai
7 years ago

Hi everyone, I could really do with some advice.

Myself and a friend have recently brought a new house as an investment. We are living in it now but planning on renovating it and selling in a few years time.

It is a 1930s 3 bed semi detached, which was already extended by the previous owners. Heres the current layout:

However, our dilemma…agreeing on a new layout!

We are debating over completely opening out the ground floor and making it entirely open plan, or to keep the front lounge separate and just having an open kitchen/diner/family area, or potentially having full height folding doors.

We are also debating the kitchen layout with the L-shape, or having full width sliding doors out to the garden, potentially costly, but this would mean we would have the kitchen along one wall instead.

The main goal is to make a home, on a reasonable budget, that a potential buyer can walk into and think they could see their family living there.

So, I have made a few different layouts and would like you to vote for which you prefer. If you could also leave a message with your opinions on what you like, or what you would change.

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.