lenak1

Ideas for kitchen design, please

Lena
7 years ago
Hello,

We bought our extended 70-s semi two years ago and updated a dated decor throughout the house before moving in. After catching breath for a few years the biggest challenge - re-designing the kitchen - is ahead.

I am planning to:
* knock down the wall between a small dingy dining room and the kitchen
* add a breakfast bar/island which will divide the U-shaped kitchen area from the sitting area with existing round table and chairs around
* have a window instead of a side door in the kitchen in order to have a washing machine and a dryer installed under the new window
* new kitchen units and appliances, preferably in light colours

We are a family with young kids and a budget of around £15k, so will not be able to afford a fancy finish and have to put practical consideration first. On top of that we like to entertain so need a generous sitting area which could accommodate our family and friends.

I am wondering if there are better solutions for the kitchen space planning and wherever the breakfast bar will work in our setting?

All ideas are welcome.
Thank you in advance

Pics below are of the floor plan and an existing kitchen

Comments (32)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.