pete01932

Looking for suggestions on my floor plan

pete01932
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

We have just received planning permission to extend our 1930's tiny semi detached 2.5 bedroom house in Surrey. We are lucky to be on a corner plot, so we are extending to the rear and the side. Although permission was granted, we are not happy with the plans and have changed them to come up with the floor plans shown.

Yellow is the current property which isn't changing, everything else is new or an alteration of the current property. 1 square = 0.5m.

We decided to shrink the family bathroom to allow straight stairs and a landing in front of the stairs (otherwise you would have to go down and up stairs to get from the bedrooms on one side to the other). The toilet is moved into a cubby hole.

Downstairs the plan is to have a large open area where we can watch the toddlers in the play room from the living space\kitchen\diner which overlooks the garden. We are thinking of a large sliding door to that room.

The utility room originally wasn't at the front of the house, but we moved it there to allow the large living area, although now it means you have to walk the full length of the house to come in from the garden with muddy feet. We are planning to leave half the units on one side of the utility room out to start with to allow buggy storage (as we lose that from the porch with the new downstairs toilet).

The larder is because we want to store most of the rarely used kitchen items in there to allow less kitchen units. We are planning to have no upper kitchen units as my wife struggles to reach them.

We also may put new planning in to extend another meter out the back, this would allow us to stop everything being so cramped upstairs. Plus if they'll let us, why not?

The main thing we have struggled with is the TV and sofa's in the kitchen diner. We don't want people on the sofa's with their back to the kitchen, but then where do you put the TV? This is the best I could come up with.

Floor Plans for 1930's Semi Corner Plot Extension · More Info

Floor Plans for 1930's Semi Corner Plot Extension · More Info

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.