aletteanne

How can I neutralize warm white cabinets?

Alette V
7 years ago

I don't have photos yet, but I'm in a great dilemma. I'm a first time apartment owner. I ordered a kitchen. I though I ordered white cabinets with black countertops, but it turns out they are a magnolia color, a sort of white with brown undertones. I'm super bumbed - nothing like finally buying a kitchen and making a dumb mistake like that. Customer service in general isn't very helpful in the Netherlands. A contract is a contract, thus it seems I'm stuck with them - I keep hoping the warehouse accidentally destroys my kitchen before it arrives. But anyway, I like a combination of classical, retro, and Scandinavian. I'm determined to be positive. I need examples of how people have neutralized warm toned kitchen fails. Magnolia cabinets, black countertops, dark wood floor (with cooler tones in it - not orange brown). What about a ,int blue backsplash? Or will that be a terrible clash? If anyone has photos or examples of how they neutralized a to warm kitchen to make yellow cabinets look white, I would really be grateful!

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.