steve_whitelaw

Layout for small-ish open plan lounge / dining room - blank canvas

Steve W
7 years ago

Hi all,

Have just bought my first house, and having come from fully-furnished rented accommodation and am now struggling with the practicalities of filling my own place!

I need to sort out the living room asap (so I can relax in the evenings!) - but am not sure on how best to set the room up.

I've attached a floorplan and a couple of pictures.

I have a pair of floor standing speakers for my hifi that I was planning on connecting to the TV (once I buy one...) - ideally these would be positioned so I can listen to music right through the ground floor. I had thought about putting the TV in the bay window and speakers to either side, but am not sure if this is a good idea? Alternative would be mounted on the internal wall?

I also need to sort out sofas - but am unsure of size / placement - any suggestions? Ideally would like to sit 3 - 5max comfortably.

The only other item I own for this room is the dining table (in pic), which I need some chairs to go with - any suggestions?

Any ideas on other items to complete the room would be much appreciated!

Steve

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.