ramandeepsuri

Help - Design, layout help on a new extension

R countryside
7 years ago
Hello there, we seek your advice on the floorplan, the design and few other aspects. Ours is a 1930's 3 bed house with a garage, and we have recently obtained approval for the extension (6 meter rear extension and the side extension - the new extension is outlined in PURPLE).

We would like your thoughts on the following please-

1. Any feedback on the floorplan? We have decided to separate the new kitchen from the new side extension. We will have a fench door in between them, so we can open it if we have friends and family get together.

2. We would like to have 2 lantern sky lights - 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the new living room. Do you think having a lantern skylight in kitchen is not a good idea? Ideally, where should we place them.

3. In the kitchen we will have tiles with underfloor heating (electric). I am a big fan of tiles, but because of the high running and installation costs we are thinking of not going for tiles in the rest of the house. How would wooden flooring go with a tiled floor... especially in the new living room? I think the kithen and living room will not compliment each other because of having a differect flooring. Any views? Advice?

4. Can we find an interior designer who can guide guide us on the color scheme, layouts etc - someone to bounce ideas and be reassured that we have taken the right decisions. Someone good and not pricey.

Just wondering what the house will look like when it's done... any stories or pics for similar projects? Both worried and curious...

Big thanks for your help.

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.