shakiera_shakiera

Wanting to swap kitchen and living, and extend both rooms outwards

SNT Hill
7 years ago

Hi, I am debating on purchasing a council property as the discount is quite a lardge sum and I can lend more for renovation purposes.
The rooms to the left are quite narrow, so wanting to do a 2 storey extension (maybe front and back) so I could have more bedroom space, howebercthe left slide of the house is already quite narrow.
Firstly I'd like to know if I am able to create alcoves as there is only one at the side of the chimney breast in the living room and bedroom 2, this would help with the width slightly, and also any idea what the average cost to swap the living room and kitchen?
Seems like a lot but I wouldn't do a massive extension just for more space thanks :)

also so is it possible to have spindles as banisters rather than those thick block things lol if so how much

I was thinking 25k is budget is this too much?

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.