robin_houghton

What to put on living room wall?

Robin Houghton
7 years ago

Hello Houzzers, can anyone help please - I'm struggling for inspiration here. We have a bare living room wall that needs something on it, but we can't decide what. There's a fireplace but no mantlepiece as we like to keep things 'clean'. I've never wanted the TV to be too dominant so it is wall mounted and offset (it comes out and turns when we want to use it). We are open to replacing the low TV unit (now kind of redundant) with something taller. I love big modern wall art but I don't know if sticking up a big canvas is the answer. I'm also not sure about position any art on this wall to create the best balance. I've included a photo of the opposite wall to show what's there. The wall between the two is a full width bookcase. The ceilings are tall, about 11ft. The wall colour is Farrow & Ball Light Gray (a greenish-grey) and the sofa is red (not pink as it looks in the photo). The floor is unfinished - we plan to remove the carpet and have the floorboards sanded.

Any suggestions very welcome! Thanks :)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.