ajcoulman

Need Help with new front door

ajcoulman
7 years ago

Our extension is coming on quite nicely, but we can't decide what sort of front door would look right. The Architect's 3d drawing shows a brown door and side panels, but my wife doesn't think this goes well with our existing white UPVC windows. The front of the extension will be rendered & painted, probably white or cream.
The other new windows at the front will be UPVC, although the large arched window to the right of the door will have a leaded pattern as a feature.
I have attached a photo of the house as it currently is together with a copy of the architects impression.
We do need to let in all the light we can get or the hall will be quite dark. The solid door proposed by our Architect probably won't let enough light in, but we are hoping that the large arched window on the stairs will let quite a bit of light down into this area.
What do you think would look good and let in lots of light. We need advice on colour as well as style.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.