tanya_draper

Velux Conservation roof windows - Love them or hate them?

Tanya Draper
7 years ago

We moved into our house about 18 months ago. The house is about 8 years old and was built by and for the previous occupant. Due to the fact the house was being built next to a listed property, the new house could not be taller than the listed property and the elevation of the site meant that the first floor rooms all were effectively in the eaves (although not like a dormer bungalow). As a result, conservation Velux roof windows were fitted. Whilst they allow a lot of light into the property, I find they are very prone to condensation, and due to the angle the condensed water drips off. This is a nuisance as we have one right over our bed (cannot re position the bed unfortunately). You can't open them when it rains (ours open on the side), and if it is really windy lots of dirt gets blown in.

Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found any suitable solutions? I would love to know because we love the house apart from that problem! Thanks

This is an old photo of the ensuite before we bought the house, just to give you a good idea of the windows!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.