bekka54

Adding colour to a white kitchen - blue window frames or ceilings?

Beks
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

We are currently painting our small kitchen a cool white (likely Wevet by Farrow and Ball). I'd like to bring in a splash of colour but decided against painting the walls a colour as we already have a purple stairway which the kitchen overlooks and the kitchen itself is not that big. I am considering painting either the ceiling OR the window blue. Does anyone have thoughts on this? If it's the ceiling I'd do it light blue (perhaps Skylight by Farrow and Ball) while I thought a dark grey blue would be nice on the windows (maybe Denim Drift by Dulux). Any thoughts would be appreciated. FYI, we have wooden surfaces and off white cupboards throughout the kitchen and are getting natural bamboo blinds. I worry that painting the ceiling a darker colour than the walls will make the kitchen look smaller but I am open to anything...:) Thanks very much for your feedback. I attached a few pictures so you can get a sense of the kitchen. Please disregard all the paint samples and broken ceiling light, which we're in the process of replacing.

Bekka

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.