aislingocallaghan

Need advice for painting & redecoration before move-in day

We just bought our first house and plan on re-painting indoors before we move in this May

The kitchen/living area is open plan and the current wall colour is brown (and not our cup of tea) and with small windows at the back of the house, there is little light coming through. I would love some advice on colour schemes for our new space and how to brighten it up without necessarily painting everything white. (any other advice would be appreciated too)

The floors are dark wood which we will be sanding and treating before move in date. I'm not sure if lightening/painting the doors and door frames might help. None of the furniture in the picture will be staying, we will be purchasing new/second hand furniture, to suit our own taste.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.