katie_thomas7710970

Help - Hallway, Stairs and Landing Ideas

Katie Thomas
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi. I'm looking for some advice and inspiration on colours for my landing, stairs and hallway. We currently have a daffodil white colour (the light has made it look very yellow which isn't the case) on the hallway, stairs and landing which was put on when we moved in to cover the rather dark blue walls! The dado rail was already there. Thinking about having it removed as it doesn't seem to serve a purpose. I'm planning on having the bannister (restained) and spindles (painted white). Not sure about post colours yet I only want to use paint. I'm not into greys which seems to be the in thing. I like rustic, country themes in general. I have no idea about window dressings. I'm not sure curtains would look right but don't want the window to seem small. I'm keeping the upstairs light for now but need new ones for hallway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Excuse the mess!)

Comments (29)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.