maxmum28

Black marquina worktops - a crazy idea?

maxmum28
7 years ago

We are just on the point of installing a black marquina marble worktop in the central island of our kitchen and I am having a bit of a panic about whether this is a crazy thing to do given the porous/staining qualities of marble. We will have white corian worktops on either side of the central island, so most of the food prep can happen there, but we would have the sink cut-out of this central marble island plus a breakfast bar that will get occasional, but not frequent, use as we have a dining table in the same room.

What do others think? Is it crazy to have a sink in a marble top? Isn't black marble more porous than white? Isn't the breakfast bar just encouraging people to plonk cups of tea straight on it? Any thoughts or reassurances gratefully received.

Thanks.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.