maggie_delelis

Advice for staircases carpet or runners?

Maggie Delelis
7 years ago

Hello Houzzers!

We are re-carpeting our house. It's a typical edwardian terraced house, to which we have added a dormer in the loft. So there is a staircase from the ground floor to the first floor accross the house right to left, a landing area and corridor that goes back left to right and then a new wooden staircase that goes up to the loft (almost winder type or spiral but not fully). The loft bedroom and the 1st floor bedrooms are all carpetted in the same colour, a neutral grey/beige.

We tought of putting a runner (striped or textured?) from ground floor to the first floor.

But what would we do with the second fight of stairs? A runner would be nice as it would look like the other staircase - but then, do we put the runner also in the landing/corridor? Or do we use the same carpet from the bedrooms for the corridor and continue with it up through the second staircases to the loft? if we did this, the stairs would look different from each other. And should we make the staircase carpet up to the loft a runner formar or end to end?

Help, please!! we need to decide asap and we've been stuck on this decision for 2 weeks now..!!

Thank you, Maggie.-

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.