evelyn_zhang53

1930 semi double storey extension - Help!

Sunny Day
7 years ago
We are currently thinking of doing a double storey side extension plus a single storey back extension to our 1930 semi (see current floorplan attached). It is end of terrace house and the garage side facing a green space. There are a few steps down (about 0.5m) from the back of the house to the garden

The idea is to increase and reconfigure the downstairs space to suit our family living with kids: we would like to have a living room, a large family kitchen diner, a play area for kids, a downstairs loo, a good sized utility/laundry room, a storage space (for buggies, scooter, hoovers etc), some cupboard storage for coats/shoes. Would be nice to have a TV/media room but I doubt we will have enough space for that so we can just use living room for that.

On the first floor upstairs, ideally we would like to create 4 bedrooms, one large family bathroom (big enough for both shower and bath) and potentially one more bathroom (maybe en-suite?) and some storage space.

Given that it is gonna cost us a fortune (we have been saving up for it for a long time) and will move the family out to rent while doing the work, the we really want to get it right. So we would really appreciate some ideas on the layout. Also let me know if you happen to have any ideas how much such a project would cost in London.

Thank you very much!!!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.