rosie_connolly43

Daughter's bedroom help.

Rosie Connolly
7 years ago
We have a bizarrely proportioned house with huge rooms down stairs and small rooms upstairs. My step daughter and daughter share this room and I'm wanting to revamp it for them.

Obviously the old, single bed base needs to go (been asking other half for months to get rid of it). The cupboard is an airing cupboard and obviously the drawers are for their clothes, we are really limited on space and storage in this house. We weren't meant to be staying here long but unfortunately due to finances etc were having to make the most of a bad job. It's quite a dark room and I'm aware the the soft toys in the window should be moved to let more natural light in.
I would like to paint the whole room a light pink (quite liked rose quartz) something that they will like but not too garish and dark and something that won't date easily. Also quite liked the idea of a feature wall with some wall paper but due to the dimensions of the room I have a feeling that (without it looking rather odd) that won't be possible. I'm going to put some shelves up for books, soft toys etc but I was wondering if anybody else could give me some pointers. Sorry about the mess and the clutter, I've been stripping all of the beds and thought I'd take some pictures and post while I had a spare 15 minutes. Thanks in advance.

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.