oliviamanley

Help needed for tiny living room with large chimney breast

oliviamanley
7 years ago

Hello all,

I live in a tiny house with a tiny living room that's 14'11 x 11'9. Unfortunately it also has a 140cm wide chimney breast as illustrated on the floorplan. The old owners ripped out the beautiful fireplace, left an ugly hole that they kind of boarded up and installed a sort of platform in front of the chimney breast (the mirror is resting on it) that's 1 1/2 inch high and the exact width of the chimney breast.

What would you do with this space in front of the chimney breast? We have a piano on the wall directly opposite the chimney breast and a console and grandfather clock on the wall to it's left, you can just see the console in the picture. On the wall to the right with the windows is a small two seater sofa. We're happy for better suggestions for the layout of the furniture. We don't own a television but have around 1500 books so storage/display ideas for them would be greatly appreciated.

Excuse the mess, we've just moved in!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.