khabeer

what goes with tigerwood???

Khabeer S
7 years ago
I'm trying to figure out what paint colors and countertop style/color would go with tigerwood. I'm getting Indus parquet tigerwood throughout the entire 1st floor along with white shaker cabinets. forgot to take a picture of the actual floor when I looked at it but Lowe's had an engineered that looked similar (in picture). I'm also not picking between those 2 countertops, I just liked the kinda marble look or the black. Thanks in advance.

Comments (43)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

My question is why tigerwood this is a very busy floor when installed and IMO only works with a very sleek contemporary space

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Patricia, the tigerwood we are getting isn't as busy as that. what we are getting has much less variation. in a modern environment, what would go with it in a modern sense.
  • Related Discussions

what colour goes with F&B Skimming Stone?

Q

Comments (20)
    Skimming Stone looks stunning with blues, including navy, and also pink/red colours. If you think of it as a berry tone, it looks great with everything else in that range: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, gooseberries and green leaves. Also, I can vouch that it goes well with Strong White. I have Strong White in my hallway, and Skimming Stone in my living room. I agree that Elephants Breath is ver ‘lilac’, but it works when contrasted with Strong White and All White.
    ...See More

What colour goes with taupe?

Q

Comments (5)
    Hi, Please check our blog below on colours for kitchens and bedrooms Please see link below- Choosing Colour for your Kitchen | Jikoni Interiors - How to Choose Colours for Bedrooms | Jikoni Interiors, Northampton Kind regards Jikoni Interiors
    ...See More

What shade of gray goes with magnolia?

Q

Comments (5)
    Choosing a grey colour from the same HUE Family neigbourhood as your Magnolia would mean the colours have an organic connection. But as mentioned above magnolia is a very generic word. Colours described as Magnolia can come from the middle of the Yellow-Red Hue Family or even into the Yellow Hue Family. The thing with choosing greys from the Yellow-Red Hue Family is they can shift notably purple in imbalanced lighting. So I would begin a search from the Yellow Hue Family. Cornforth White & Ammonite, Salt & Stoke are from the Yellow Hue Family too.
    ...See More

What goes with a sputnik chandelier?

Q

Comments (3)
    You’re welcome.The top ones are westelm and the other one here ut it’s similar to the Nelson bubble lamp https://www.nordicnest.com/brands/watt--veke/ellipse-lampskarm-65-cm-bomull/?variantId=501802-01&country=GB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3v6SBhCsARIsACyrRAmidX8nD0QBl-E7SJkj1i4ZUKNTQMw7po_-2YNSqvE6Z0tL-y8KhpMaAvIIEALw_wcB
    ...See More
  • Bailey R
    7 years ago

Just be aware that once it's installed in a large surface it will most likely appear busier. A friend of mine has it throughout her house. ... looks busy to me, but I like very understated things.

• printesa
    7 years ago

Regarding the paint, it depends on the light you get and on the furniture you'll have

As for the floor, I would recommend you see a larger portion installed with the wood you selected. The reason I am saying this is because we were going to install this in the entire house. We really liked the colors and it didn't look too busy either. One of the stores had the wood we wanted installed in their showroom and we went to see it,,,it was a lot to take in, so we went with Tiete Rosewood. See if you can have them lay a number of pieces on the floor so you can get a better idea

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I have looked at one box and it wasn't so bad. should I look at more than 1 box
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    also now I'm questioning the whole thing lol
  • greenfish1234
    7 years ago
    You don't need to match paint and counters to a wood floor. Wood loves color, go for what you like.
  • printesa
    7 years ago

Have you see in laid out? You might want to look at a larger area with this wood.

• User
    7 years ago

It is an unstable wood when bought from poor quality cheepchinesecrapola suppliers who don't kiln dry it long enough before milling. And it needs virtual museum quality humidity control in your home, over and above what even other wood floors require.

Don't buy cheap flooring. Go to a real flooring store. And hire a designer to help you coordinate all of your choices.

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    @Sophie going to a reputable dealer and installer. also I'm pretty sure indusparquet is one of the biggest suppliers of exotic wood in the world, straight from Brazil not cheap China crap lol. please correct me if I'm wrong, I've been trying to find more stuff about Indusparquet but it's been pretty hard.
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Printesa, I've seen it in their pictures and in a smallish sample at the store (15*4) from 1 box
  • printesa
    7 years ago

Tigerwood is really goncalo alves. This is a very stable wood, unless you buy it from cut rate suppliers, which I won't name. It also comes from S. America, so I doubt the Chinese are importing it green and kiln drying it in China

• printesa
    7 years ago

that sample is too small to get an idea of the overall look..We were convinced that we were going to get it until we saw it. Our family room is pretty large and the furniture modern,..It was too much for us, but it is a beautiful wood

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    any other recommendations for an interesting yet not crazy floor. I've also looked at American black walnut alot. thought about going grey but I want something that will still be respected in 30 years and won't go the way of colored toilet with matching tile lol
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    printesa, the beauty is the main thing calling us too!!!!
  • printesa
    7 years ago

Look at photos that have this floor and also at the furniture and style..you would get a better idea as well.
    Walnut is beautiful, but then again,,you are talking to someone who loves anything walnut:) I had the basement cabinets for the bar area done in walnut.I had my husband do a bench in the hallway out of walnut as well:)
    Are you going for a modern look or something more traditional?
    There is also quartered sawn or rift white oak that is beautiful. Here is an example

Entry · More Info

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    that is beautiful. it's going to sound odd but we are going for something in between. we don't want to live in a space ship but we also don't want to live in the 1800s. more so going for something timeless that will look nice with out pushing too strongly in 1 direction. I don't know what that kind of style is but I'm sure theres a word.
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    oddly I'm the designer out of me and my wife (she says a floor is a floor lol) but she did love the tigerwood. she is from Grenada and they do allot of designs and colors that don't happen in America
  • printesa
    7 years ago

She probably likes color, which is great. We love color as well..we have an orange sectional, yellow armchair:) Classic looks are great..they can be more modern, which doesn't mean a space ship, or they can be a bit more traditional..it depends on the furnishings you'll choose.
    If she likes more color and something warmer, then look some more at the tiger wood, walnut. Our floor doesn't seem to be available anymore..we got it from BR-111

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    printesa I've researched br111 and Indusparquet allot and it seems like Indusparquet used to manufacture and supply the floors for br111 but br111 wasnt paying them properly so Indusparquet sued them and they split. br111 basically went out of business because they started selling crap floors and had horrible customer service and Indusparquet flourished for the opposite reason. Indusparquet apparently sells the high quality floors br111 used to sell for years but only through suppliers not direct to consumer. (it took me a long time research all of this lol since I'm looking to buy Indusparquet floors). Indusparquet may have the floor you purchased.
  • PRO
    Kate Cledwyn
    7 years ago

This interior taken from Nick Mehl Architecture offers a lovely paint colour suggestion to compliment Tigerwood. The colour of the walls reflect beautifully in the wood.

Nature themed art would create a gorgeous tranquil environment.

Nick Mehl Architecture · More Info

Warm colours · More Info

Cacti - KC

Wood · More Info
    Tree trunks - KC

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Kate, thank you!! that is about what we saw/wanted in terms of variation! the colors definitely work
  • PRO
    Kate Cledwyn
    7 years ago

Pleasure - yes I think the colours are complimentary and will create an uplifting space. Good luck!

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    went back to the store to see if I would like it still and I do! I will def take pictures of the house when we get it done!
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 years ago

has anyone mentioned the fading issues to you?? if it gets direct sunlight, that area will fade. if you put a rug over the wood in the room, and then remove the rug 6 months later, you will see a perfect dark spot where the wood has been protected from the light.

Look at Acacia for a similar wood look without the fading or humidity issues.

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I've heard about the darkening problem but I am not worried because of how my windows are setup. apparently all of the Brazilian exotics darken from sun exposure
  • lbk01
    7 years ago

We put tiger wood in our dining room in a previous home. The dining room overlooked a front porch and large old oak tree so was a shady area and room but had a beautiful view. Loved the floor and room and was a wow factor. Pics look a bit dark as they were taken at night but you get the idea how the colors all came together and worked.

Khabeer S thanked lbk01
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    floors getting installed today! will post pics when finished
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    almost done!
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 years ago

looking good!

• printesa
    7 years ago

It looks beautiful!!!

• greenfish1234
    7 years ago

gorgeous

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    floors down. they are so nice. I think the problems other ppl had with the tigerwood were really problems with a bad installer. I told the installer I didn't want the floor to look wayyy busy. he said ok and they literally used 5 boxes at a time to pick the floor board. as someone who had OCD it was extremely comforting to see the select the right board for every single section, both by size and by pattern.

I had some other people come in right after to finish up some sheetrock (guys in the photo) and my floor installer (they were finishing up) got so mad at them because they put their tools directly on the floor lol. I was glad to see them take such pride in their work!

will post finished-finished pictures when it's all done. PS if you are in the DC, MD, NOVA area, go to PriceCo Floors Inc. You will not regret it!!
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    too many errors to correct lol sorry my typing is so choppy
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    cabinets from cliq studios! floors still looking amazing! if you wanted to get tigerwood get it! you won't regret it
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I had such a hard time finding good pics of tigerwood so I will be sharing alot of them. anyone know how to submit a remodel to get it featured on Houzz?
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    more pics
  • greenfish1234
    7 years ago
    I love the painted ceiling!
  • Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    greenfish1234 lol my wife is making me go back to white. she hates my charcoal ceilings. we have them in the formal living too
  • greenfish1234
    7 years ago
    No way!! You need them with all the white.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 years ago

I love your ceilings! tell her no! the color looks great w/the flooring. adds some drama.

• Khabeer S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    you all have motivated me to convince (beg) my wife for my black ceilings!!
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.