taylorjack0

Flat or low profile sockets?

taylorjack0
7 years ago
I am renovating my Victorian terrace and require a full rewire. Any advice on whether flat plate or low profile sockets are the most practical would be appreciated.

I am having a couple of rooms replastered when the electrics are complete along with all chases patched. Other plastering and decoration will take place at a later date. Depending on the condition of the walls they might not even need plastering so it is not even a case of the electrician setting out the back boxes to accommodate another few mm.

Although I think flat plate look best I wonder whether a low profile sockets will give me more tolerance if/once additional plastering and decoration is undertaken later.

I know people will suggest, "speak to your electrician" however they will always suggest non-flat as it requires less work to install the back boxes.

I welcome your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.