j_ieva

Living/dining room design - advise needed!

eve
7 years ago
Hello everyone!
We're in process of decorating our living/dining room and even though majority of the furniture is more or less selected, for some reason it feels that something is missing or isn't just right. Therefore I'd like to ask you guys for an advise and fresh opinions for our project.
To start with, we are trying to achieve a modern English country look, with cottage influence but which doesn't look too shabby. We want a cosy, cute, but also smart looking room which feels refreshing, relaxing, inviting and light.
Main colours: white, grey, cream and a bit of purple (this might be changed perhaps...)
I was also looking at feng shui for colour advise and therefore will add a floor plan with directions on it..but mainly our room is facing West.
So far we already got dining set and tv unit in place, also sofa and footstool are ordered. We are also thinking of adding a bookcase or a sideboard and/or nest of tables from the same range as tv unit.
We were considering of adding a ladder shelves in oak and perhaps some extra lighting, plants and a gallery wall.
One of the major dilemmas I've got now is curtains and a rug!
We already bought Laura Ashley Pussy Willow Natural curtains, which in theory merge all of the colours we have, but for some reason I'm not sure if these curtains are exactly what we need...colour wise they look nice, but I'm not sure about the pattern..
I was also thinking about grey vintage looking rug, but perhaps it would clash with the curtain?
I'm adding as many pictures as I can for your review..
Floor plan, items we have in the room (apologies about the mess and for the garden furniture :) yes we use it instead of sofa for now!) and the ones which are on their way.
Look forward to your feedback and will be very much grateful for all advise I could get, as currently I'm feeling stuck with all of this...!
Thanks a lot in advance!!!x

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.