swelle

Disappointed in having to have metal trim around tiled bathroom window

Denise
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We're at the tail end of a total bathroom reno and the tiling is being finished now. The entire bathroom is tiled, including the window areas, so the recessed wall and ledges. The tile isn't finished on the edges, I'm told that very few tiles are as most aren't meant to show the edges. So a metal trim has had to be added around the wall around the windows to conceal the edges and I'm assuming this will have to be done for the storage alcoves that have been built into our shower and boxing around the plumbing. I was so looking forward to a clean tiled look and we really hate the look of metal (though this is preferable to the plastic version). I understand the need but am feeling like this is a huge compromise on the minimalist, sleek look I was going for. So, I am wondering if there is anything we can do aesthetically to deal with this? Either to cover the metal or to find an alternative to deal with the unfinished edges? Maybe I won't mind too much once it's in but I'm a bit gutted right now to be honest. The trim reminds me of something I banged up in metal shop in grade 8, although they chose the best of the options. I didn't include photos because they are working on it right now. Thanks for any advice.

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.