Houzz Logo Print
jeanzbeanz

How much space do you think I'll need?

Gina Anderson

We're hoping to move house soon which is very exciting :) and taking on a pretty major renovation.

I'm hoping to include a living kitchen in our renovation, which will have enough space for a little sitting area (a loveseat and an armchair or 2) as well as a small kitchen table (which seats 4). I reckon I need to keep the kitchen at least the existing size which is around 4.5 by 3.5m - although it could probably be a bit longer and narrower. (we do a lot of entertaining so I will be wanting 2 dishwashers, 2 ovens etc) The current floorplan is below, I'm hoping we can keep the kitchen where it is to save costs and I love the utility room location straight off the kitchen as it means I can use the worktop in there for food prep when we are entertaining large numbers. The conservatory will be going and we will be making the pantry part of the kitchen and squaring off the corner of that house. The dining room will move to the back of the house - ie in the gap between the conservatory and the dining room - and I would like to have double doors through to the kitchen from it. The conservatory has to go - can't bear those things :) (we have not got proper plans or dimensions of new external walls yet - I am just trying to get a plan in my head before we engage an architect!)

Sorry this is a bit waffly but basically I am wanting to know: what sort of size / layout room I need to fit a good size kitchen, a kitchen table, and a sitting area? Does anyone have any pictures of rooms with those three things they could share?

All comments and ideas welcome :)