elainer03

bushboard vs wilsonart laminate

Elaine
7 years ago
hi

Does anyone know if there is any quality difference between bushboard prima range and wilsonart aeon collection. I an trying to choose between prima golden mascarello and wilsonart winter carnival. they look very similar so just wondering if one is better than the other?

thank you
Elaine

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Joel LaRosa Design Ltd
    7 years ago

Hi Elaine,

Looking at the Aeon collection, they mention a lot about their 'Scuff & scratch resistance' however, in experience the prima worktops have always been outstanding. Wilsonart is renowned for their quality of product however, prima is a strong competitor. Both do have a Honed texture to replicate real granite so its a hard decision. Is there a significant cost difference between the two? Also, the Prima comes in 3.6mtr and the Wilsonart is 3mtr. If you need the length, I'd recommend the Prima as if you have a longer run, you're going to need the extra.

Hope that helps!

Regards

Joel LaRosa Design

• Elaine
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi Joel, thank you very much for your response. cost wise I have been told they are very alike, and they even feel the same. I also don't have a need for a longer length, so nothing to narrow my choice down. I was just hoping one company was renowned for being better than the other :-)
  • PRO
    Joel LaRosa Design Ltd
    7 years ago

Hi Elaine,

You're welcome! It's a large marketplace for laminates so its best to pick which you prefer. I would recommend the Prima simply because I've worked with it before and always had great feedback.

Both suppliers can send you free samples so if you have the time, maybe get them sent out and do a couple of tests on them to see which works best for you.

Good luck with the works! if you need any further advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards

Joel LaRosa :^)

Joel LaRosa Design

• Daisy England
    7 years ago
    Prima by Bushboard is far superior to Wilson Art. Wilson Art is a cheap and cheerful laminate that used to be sold by Homebase. Nowhere near as good as Prima. Have you looked at Oddysey by Bushboard and Axiom by Formica? Both have some great colour choices.
  • Elaine
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi daisy,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.