hzdeleted_32508288

Cushions and Abstract Art to match Afghan Rug

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hey lovely people, need help please.

We bought this red corner sofa set:

before my husband slapped me with a major design challenge to work around his huge, old Afghan rug.

Tried to do some initial research online but I'm still at a loss. I keep on getting warnings that it takes more advanced styling skills to deal with such a piece, but I chucking or selling it are not exactly part of my options, so could really use some advice.

I suppose I need to 'echo' some of the colors that are on the rug for the cushions? Should they be entirely plain (on a plain sofa) or what kind of prints would work? How many (of each color) should I add? How do I work with textures (sofa is polyester with a bit of sheen to it)?

How about the art behind the sofa? I am drawn to palette knife abstracts such as the pegs below (credits to the Etsy seller), but don't quite know what dominant colors I should go for? I just don't want things to look a bit too much, all at once!

The space looks like this. Essentially, the rug will be placed on the left hand side. Not much choice, but it will sadly take up the entire living room (almost!)

Pegs and ideas are all welcome and very much appreciated. Even better if they can be sourced from within the UK.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Rhea xx

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.