rainbowgold1

Need help with my garden

rainbowgold1
7 years ago

Finally we are in a position to get rid of our eyesore at the end of the garden. I.e the hole we dug out last year.

We have dug out an area at the back of our garden ready for a base, and we are just about to lay concrete base across the whole width and then add a log cabin and storage annexe attached to sit on top of the rectangular concrete slab. The hole is dug and images of the storage and cabin are below.

I was going to lay the cabin as you're facing it to the right and the storage to the left, but now i've got a small section of land left to the left hand side of the garden once they are laid, I have switched round, so allowing for a metre all round from sides and back the cabin is on the left the storage to the right. (this can be changed not sure what would work better, left or right, but since there is a window in the side of the cabin we moved it to the left) We also need to leave 1m from the back and to the sides adjoining the buildings to neighbours.

My dilemma is I have is what to do with that small area of land to the left of the cabin and the mixture of bricks that need to either be removed or used, not enough for hardcore. The area is the small section to the left of the brick line I've made, which lines up with the edge of the wood board. It's shaded by some trees, which I need to cut back and it measures about 10foot wide from the fence to the brick line, which marks the edge of where the cabin will be, and its about 13ft from back fence to the front. I'm just not sure how to make the whole thing look nice

the width of the garden is about 35ft wide. The log cabin is 5.00 x 3.80m and the storage is 1.60 x 3.00m

Any advice/help and even colour of cabin and flooring outside to lay over the concrete would be much appreciated. This is the time I wish I had trained in Cad, or 3D design. Thank you.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.