lindac3

Kitchen Woodburner Stove ideas

lindac3
7 years ago

Am looking for advice regarding a woodburning stove. We intend having a small grey colour woodburner installed in the fireplace at the dining area of the kitchen.

The existing black surround and white mantelpiece will be removed and the chimney opened up. Two things I am unsure about, whether to just paint the inside of the fireplace behind the stove one it has been made good or tile it? Secondly a suggestion for the hearth, I am not too keen on black slate which we have in our living room and thought about a granite with an uneven edge (for texture). My kitchen is fairly modern with white units and black granite tops and I want to try and break up the black theme as although the kitchen is lovely and light in the day at night it seems dark with such a lot of black tops! We inherited the granite tops so don't intend changing them. I hope that the grey colour woodburner will add warmth to this end of the kitchen.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.