tdharvey86

Lighting on landing dilemma!

Charlie Spaniel
7 years ago

As part of our refurb project, we have a first-floor landing, with a predominately sloped roof, as show in the photo below. There is a very narrow gap of flat ceiling to the far left, which you can just about make out in the photo, running the length of the landing, and about 10cm wide.

I'm really unsure what the best option is for lighting this space?

One idea I did have was to put downlights along this narrow strip, but rather than just having them flat in the ceiling (and therefore the light predominately shining down the left-hand side and on the wall), instead use the sort of angled wedges, as you might see underneath kitchen cabinets, to angle the light into the room. I've not yet found any suitable for this sort of thing though.

The other options is simply to add a bar to the ceiling with various spotlights angled in different directions - but I'm not a massive fan of bar lights, as they look like a bit of a stuck-on afterthought, in my opinion.

Any ideas on the above or perhaps another solution would be hugely appreciated!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.