nbuchho1

Blank slate for design of East London Victorian Double Reception

Nicole Huynh
7 years ago

Hi All - we just purchased a Victorian Terrace house in London. It is blessed with good bones and original features. We are starting with a blank canvas as we do not have existing furniture but are struggling to figure out the best layout for our double reception room. We'd like an area to get cozy, watch tv and entertain, but also have an area for a desk and books.

It would be great to get your feedback and suggestions on what furniture we should get and the layout of the room to create the best flow!

The back walls that are adjacent to the entrance hallway are a bit tricky as the doors swing open and we do not want to block them off (we might even consider removing them. They were blocked by the previous owners as you can see in this photo

The back area we were thinking to use as a library with a desk and chaise

This is the back area with out furniture. The black patch on the floor is the cement base of a fireplace

We'd like to use the inbuilt shelves

This is the front reception room. The door swings open and shortens the wall available for a sofa

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.