hzdeleted_34127194

To go blue or not?

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Now the builders have gone I'm left with a completely blank canvas in the living-dining room. I always envisaged this space as blue, even on the first viewing I thought, ah, this should be blue. But now I'm not so sure. I've bought just about every tester pot of blue under the sun, but none seem to quite do the trick. The rooms have two south facing windows, one north facing window and large west facing facing french doors, so in theory should be bright and sunny. But it's not. Unless its really sunny, which lets face is not very often, it's quite gloomy.

I love blue, but have only used it in bedrooms before. What can I do to make it work in this space? Is there any hope for my blue ambition?

There will be a neutral (oatmeal-ish colour) wool carpet going down shortly. The furniture going back in the room is mostly oak. The sofa and chair are brown linen, though these have seen better days and will probably be replaced soon. I'm in the market for new curtains / blinds, cushions, etc.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.