gilescodd

Advice needed on lighting for new kitchen extension

Giles Codd
7 years ago

Hi there,

A while back I posted a question

about advice on architects and kitchen extensions and I am pleased to say that I am now well on the way to starting the project. The dilemma I now have is around

lighting and what to do with it and where to put it. My other half hates recessed spots (our last house had hundreds) and we have a peninsula in the kitchen design. Should we have some feature lighting over the peninsula or would it affect the view of the floor to ceiling kitchen units behind? what should we put over the dining table area and TV area? have people done anything clever that doesn't involve putting 25 recessed spots in the ceiling? any help appreciated. Photos attached to give you an idea of the layout and design.

thanks

Giles

PS ignore my terrible use of Kutchenhaus online design programme. this was just to get an idea of the layout of the extension

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.