uk1982

Sofa dilemma!

uk1982
7 years ago

Hello.

I had envisioned an elegant, deco-esque, spacious and light living room. I bought this wallpaper (for one long wall), pale dove grey paint for the remaining three walls, art deco mirror, dove grey curtains, white furniture, and had chosen an elegant dove grey suite on tall oak legs.

However, at the last minute my hubby revealed he's really attached to the current suite and doesn't want to get rid of it (partly for personal reasons). Disaster! The current suite is farrr to big for the space, and I do not like the colour.

So, whilst practically crying I've been trying to come up with a solution :D. He will at the very most allow me to recover the sofa in a more modern dove grey colour, and he will allow me to replace the swivel chair with a smaller armchair.

But I can't seem to find a chair which will not look silly with the sofa. So do I just need to decorate around the terrible suite? Or can anyone think of a chair that would work?

Here's some of the things I've bought, followed by the offending suite! Thanks in advance :).

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.